Data logging is an essential part of the water-supply systems management strategy. Data loggers are devices for monitoring and storing of parameters for water distribution systems. Typical parameters are: flow rate, pressure, level, temperature, and quality of the medium. In case of water, the following water-quality parameters may be monitored: chlorine, pH, turbidity etc.
The most common applications for data loggers in water-supply systems include:
- Network modelling
- Diagnostics of metering devices at customer's premises
- Determining the water consumption or the required volume of water
- System parameters monitoring across different domains,
- Identification and control of losses
- Data logging with pressure regulating valves